Suite 2406, Shanghai Stock Exchange Building,528 South Pudong Road, Shanghai, 200120, P.R. China
Toranomon Jitsugyo Kaikan 6F, 1-1-20 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0001, Japan
Shimin Law Offices is a partnership law firm founded in 1999. It is a full-service law firm with a strong focus on foreign-related legal matters. Our practical knowledge and rich experiences allow us to provide comprehensive legal services to our Chinese and foreign corporate clients.
Since its founding, Shimin has always believed in the highest level of integrity, followed a people-oriented approach, and given back to the society whenever possible. We continue to follow the principle of “client first” in providing reliable and highly effective services.
All of Shimin’s attorneys, CPAs, and tax professionals were educated in prestigious institutions in China and abroad. In addition to rich local experiences, most of our professionals have also worked in American and Japanese law firms or government-related legal organizations. To this extent, Shimin is a professional organization that combines local knowledge and international perspectives.
Our International Project Cooperation Department (IPCD) utilizes the global resources and client network that Shimin professionals have built over the years to initiate and enhance collaborations between Chinese and foreign enterprises.
At Shimin, we continuously seek ways to improve our specialized knowledge and constantly ask ourselves: “What is the added value of our services to the client?” Teamwork is highly valued because we understand that the power of cooperation is much stronger than fighting alone. Based on the principles of practice area specialization and complementary advantages, we assign professionals who are the most experienced in the related fields to each case. A working group lead by the most appropriate personnel is established for each case to ensure that the client receives customized response to their needs.
Shimin is an integrally managed firm with its headquarters in Shanghai and branch offices in Beijing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Tokyo, New York, and Philadelphia. Our professionals work seamlessly across different offices to provide prompt, comprehensive and consistent services to our clients.
We work closely with industrial and commercial associations and academic communities in China, Japan and the U.S. We have also established long-term cooperative relationships with law firms and accounting firms across the globe to provide seamless solutions to our clients’ cross-border problems.
Shimin’s main areas of practice include:
(1) Mergers & Acquisitions, Foreign Direct Investment, and Corporate Law;
(2) Trade and Customs;
(4) Unfair Competition and Antitrust;
(5) Compliance and Corporate Governance;
(6) Labor & Employment;
(7) Real Estate and Constructions;
(8) Administrative Licensing;
(9) Environmental Protection and Circular Economy;
(10) Technology Transfer and Intellectual Properties;
(11) Product Safety and Consumer Protection;
(12) Dispute Resolution.
The current clients of Shimin include Fortune 500 companies, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises, economic organizations, industry associations, and governmental entities.
Shimin is different from other firms in that our services have the following advantages:
(1) Close cooperation among legal professionals in China and abroad;
(2) Thorough comprehension of Chinese law and administrative practice, to the extent of not only knowing the results, but also understanding the reasons behind the results;
(3) Emphasis on truly understanding clients’ problems and finding practical solutions to achieving clients’ goals;
(4) Attention to details and pursuit of perfection;
(5) Comprehensive and accurate information collection through our broad network;
(6) Strong tenacity in overcoming difficult problems and new challenges. We use these advantages to create the best approaches for achieving our clients’ objectives.
The spirit of nonstop learning, strong tenacity, and continuous innovation is the backbone of Shimin’s service model. Our accurate detection of and prompt reaction to the changes in law and the society enables us to provide the most effective legal solutions to our clients.
SHIMIN LAW OFFICES WON THE AWARD FOR CONTRIBUTOR MOST READ IN CHINA
China Soong Ching Ling Foundation Held a Meeting with Philadelphia Orchestra
Shimin Contributed to the Cooperation Between the Philadelphia Orchestra and the Starry Sky Orchestra
Shikun Gao, Partner of Shimin Law Offices, Attended the Meeting Held by Penn Wharton China Center as a Special Guest
Cooperation between Chester County and Shimin Law Offices
Chester County Delegation Visited the Major Cities of China